Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rilke'

"I would like to find this strength to base my life entirely on this truth, on this infinite and simplicity and joy that is sometimes given to me."

-Selected Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke


"For a strength,...for an inconquerable strength of heart, from which my true strength for God will only begin to develop, that strength must be firmly tied to what is human, otherwise it will break in those heights where no one can help it any longer, and wither away in the air."

-Rilke and Benvenuta: an Intimate Correspondence


"...for sometime now I have believed that it is our own force, all our own force that is still too great for us. It is true that we do not know it; but is it not just that which is most our own of which we know the least?"

-Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge

No comments: